Thursday, August 03, 2006

Letting Go.

I have several friends who are trying to figure out how to let go.
How do you let go of your child? It is a hard place in life. I remember letting the first one go and it was hard but I still had two at home that needed my mothering. Then the second one left. Then the third and final one left home. Wait! Don't go. Who is left to let me be a mother. That is who I really am deep down and other than that I don't know who I am. I can't even remember what my favorite color is but I know what each of their favorite colors are.
Now what. Long days trying to reinvent myself and figure out who I am again. Husbands wondering what is going on and who is this woman. Wives and mothers wondering who is this man and where did he come from.
Then after some time has passed and the depression has left (hopefully) you realize that you are coming out of your shell. You are a creative person with a special color you love. You remember. Let your children live out their lives now so that you can live your's out. It is your and my time now. Enjoy it.
Peace

No comments: